Are you impressed …
... from the Institution of the Theological Alumneum Basel?
Did the history of the Alumneum arouse your interest and impressed you with the energy of the long line of employees - including volunteers?
Do you believe that the "Alumneum concept" should have a future and that the historical building on Hebelstrasse should continue to be looked after?
Would you like to express your inner connection with the Alumneum?
- come to the next "BiennAlu" on 28 April 2019 in our house at Hebelstrasse 17 and meet former alumni and friends of the house (further information will follow in due course),
- consider the Stiftung Theologisches Alumneum with a donation or a legacy.
- Your donation will be confirmed and thanked after the end of the year.
- Donations are deductible in the tax return (donation list of the Canton Basel-Stadt under "Alumneum für Studierende der Theologie in Basel, Stiftung").
- IBAN: CH3709000000400036016.
To the picture above:
"The Alumneum on Hebelstrasse is a characteristic monument of the high baroque style of the 17th century, in which precious finds were uncovered, especially during the restoration by the architectural office E. & P. Vischer in 1941: On the first floor, among several layers of old wallpaper, there were paintings on the wooden walls, which today represent showpieces of the house, and in the entrance hall, various frescoes were discovered on the side walls and floorboards, above all the charming depiction of a Basel city messenger welcoming visitors to the house". (Wanner 1988, 69.)